Hearts are an enduring cross stitch motif, and whether you’re looking for modern or traditional, there are plenty of options for your Valentine’s Day stitching. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Stitch Your Heart Out Sachet Kit. This little lavender sachet by Heather Lin Home is the perfect starter kit. All the supplies you need are in the kit, including the lavender. (via Heather Lin Home)
3. Bamboo heart necklace. Some days you wear your heart on your sleeve, or around your neck in this case. This bamboo cross stitch necklace comes with three different colors of floss, so you can stitch your favorite. (via Red Gate Stitchery)
6. Patchwork heart. Pretty pinks and purples make up this patchwork heart. Stitched on Aida, it’s a great project for beginners. Or stitch it on linen for an even more elegant finish. (via Red Gate Stitchery)
7. Cross stitch sweater. Here’s a graphic way to embellish a simple sweater. This DIY uses yarn, paper, and supplies you probably already have at home. Whip one up to wear on February 14. (via Uber Chic for Cheap)
8. Nordic heart pattern. I love patterns that are based on traditional folk art motifs, and this Nordic heart is a great example. Stitched in a single color, it would add some class to your holiday decor. (via Modern Folk Embroidery)
9. Acrylic heart pendants. These pretty acrylic hearts are oh-so-versatile. You can make them into a necklace, add them as a present topper, fashion into a key ring, or more. Available in red, purple, or blue. (via Red Gate Stitchery)